Monday, July 21, 2014

Winnie the Pooh Baby Shower Cake

I'm going to pretend like I haven't been m.i.a. for a few months.  Instead I'm just going to post some pictures of my first attempt at using fondant!  I was asked to make a Classic Winnie the Pooh cake for a baby shower.  Other than the general subject, I was given free reign.  This is a glimpse of what I came up with.

Piglet, Pooh, and some bumblebees too!




The fondant was a lot easier to work with than I had anticipated.  A friend (who shall remain nameless) and I tried to use gumpaste to make Pooh at first.  It ended up looking less like Pooh, and more like...well, poo.  Maybe gumpaste is a little advanced for us, but fondant is pretty simple.  Think edible play dough.  

Obviously it didn't turn out perfectly, but for a first go around I'm pretty durn pleased.  Think I might need another excuse to make a cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment